Friday, October 08, 2010

80km in 80 Days!

Man! I really need to do something about my lack of writing posts! So much has been happening here that I should be writing updates about. Must do something about that...

Today though is about walking! I'm taking part in a challenge from over at Me In A Snap to walk 80km in 80 days. And YOU SHOULD ALL DO IT TOO! It's a brilliant concept. Find something that's good for you that someone else is doing, tell them you're doing it too then you have to (otherwise you'll be letting them down)! So go on - tell me you're doing it and do it! I promise to cheer you on! But do it now, don't wait till tomorrow tell me today!

So far I've gotten off to a great start going for a walk everyday I've been doing it - 3 days - 3 walks - a total of 7.8km.

This challenge in particular is great as it's very achievable for most people. Even if you're really busy already walking 1km take about 15 mins and most people can find 15 mins in their day. When you sit down to watch Shortland Street (or The Family Guy or whatever else you watch) just head out the door instead and you'll still be back for the second half of the program and you'll get the jist of what you missed!

Here's my favourite mapping site if you do want to get your walk on this will handily tell you how far you've been: mapometer

1 comment:

Christine said...

Good job on the walking! It is great having other people to keep accountable too! And you are right 1km a day is easy to do :) Keep up the great walking! :)