Monday, February 01, 2010

Finished!

Yay! I finished making the quilt, the paintings and the baby ;) in December. Here's how they turned out:

Here's the quilt - was pretty happy with it and very happy to get it finished! My favourite bit and the bit that turned out the best was the bees - so cute. I'm pretty happy with how I went about doing it - I ended up thinking things through a bit more than I normally do and therefore didn't end up spending much time undoing mistakes!

To go on the walls of the nursery I painted 4 friends for Pooh! Sorry about the pictures I took them in bright sunlight so they are a bit shiny.

Tigger

Kanga and Roo

Piglet

Eeyore - my favourite!
And baby Joshua Douglas Scott was born 23/12/2009 - 2 days after I finished the pictures I think! That was good timing. Everything went very well and we've had an interesting 6 weeks getting to know each other - he gets a bit frustrated with me sometimes and has a wee (big) moan but generally we're doing great! Darren is a great Dad too which helps.

Not sure when I'll next be up for projects but I might try and blog a little more regardless!

:)
Mindy

1 comment:

Helen said...

The quilt looks gorgeous Mindy! You are so clever, making the pattern and putting it together etc. And the paintings are gorgeous as well! Joshua is one lucky bubba =)