Monday, August 06, 2007

Melbourne

Hi Everybody!

It's been ages I know. In my defense I've been busy.

So as everybody probably knows Darren and I are moving to the UK soon, thus we've been busy! We're also trying to partially plan the wedding before we leave, but to be fair that has only taken one day. Anyway what some of you may not yet know is I'm in Melbourne for the next two weeks. And if you're thinking wow that's an inconvenient time just when you'll be wanting to pack for the Uk, well you'd be right!

But anyway I am glad I'm here. It's my first time in Melbourne and from what I've seen it looks like a really cool place. I’m here for work though so it’s not like I’ll be sightseeing the whole time, but hopefully I’ll get to see at least a little bit. Had my first day at work today, it’s always a bit risky talking about work on a public forum such as this, but in this case there’s no risk as everyone was really nice, really nice people and very friendly and helpful. So hopefully it’ll be a good two weeks.

I arrived here last night. Spent AGES at the airport waiting for my umbrella to come as it was “oversized” luggage. I wouldn’t have bought it if I’d known it was going to be a hassle. But I will be glad for it if it rains as I do have a wee walk to work. Of course since it was such a hassle to bring it won’t rain at all. It is a cool umbrella though! It’s a Jade one J

My hotel is very nice, very roomy and it’s got a proper kitchen and everything. So my first mission in Melbourne was to go down to the supermarket and buy some food so I wouldn’t have to eat out at breakfast or lunch. So good old google maps told me where the nearest supermarket was and headed out there. It wasn’t too far on the way there, but it was much longer on the way home. I think mostly because I bought more than I could comfortably carry. Damn though 1.5L bottles of coke.

Anyway woke up really early so went and explored the lake just by the hotel. It’s huge and has nice black swans in it. Which brings me to the view the hotel has a pretty good view of the lake and then out to the sea. The view from the work office is absolutely stunning though, similar view but that’s on the 12th floor so you can see everything!

For the record there’s nothing on TV so I’m watching Flight of the Conchords which is my new favourite TV program ever!

Lots of love,
Mindy

No comments: